Make the Right Move!
Ten Tips for Choosing Between Moving Companies
Making a choice between moving companies can be extremely difficult, especially if you have never done so before. We all love a good bargain, but make sure that when evaluating your quotes you are taking reputation and track record into consideration. Here are a couple of things you should keep in mind when selecting a moving company.
- Does the moving company have a physical address for their office and warehouse?
- Does the company have an in-date tax clearance certificate?
- Does the company have the correct transport license to operate?
- Does the company have the required insurance to operate their business and are they in a position to offer you an extension of this policy to cover your goods whilst in transit?
- Is the company a member of any trade associations? eg FIDI/OMNI
- Ask friends and family about movers they have used.
- Make sure that the quotes are based on the same level of service and volume. For example, some quotes may provide for you carrying out the packing and or unpacking and others are all inclusive.
- References - ask the movers for references.
- Confidence - consider the attentiveness of the salesperson. Do you have confidence that he or she has the team behind him or her to deliver on the service quoted?
- Take a trip to the mover's office. What level of quality and professionalism does it reflect?